What is the Pismo Beach Clam Festival?
One of the best things about living in Pismo Beach is the many community events that draw in visitors from hundreds of miles away, and no event epitomizes the area quite like the Pismo Beach Clam Festival.
This year the Pismo Beach Clam Festival celebrates its 73rd year. The 3-day festival is scheduled for October 18, 19, 20. The festival features live music, a fun kids zone, food vendors, a wine and beer garden, a Best Local Clam Chowder contest, a clam dig, boutique vendors and more.
Pismo Beach is famous for clams. In fact, the Pismo clam gets its name from the area. The festival kicks on at 10 a.m. Saturday with a parade on Price Street.
Admission to the festival is free, but there are some ticketed events such as the clam chowder contest and a wine walk.
The festival is located at the Pismo Beach Pier Parking Lot, 100 Pomeroy Avenue. The daily events include:
- 5 pm-7:30 pm Pismo Beach Chamber of Commerce Hosted Wine Walk ($25/person)
Visit participating businesses and enjoy a wonderful wine tasting experience. Must be 21 years of age or older to purchase tickets.
- 8 am-4 pm Esteem Surf Co. Surf Contest
- 10-11 am Clam Festival Parade
- Noon-1 pm Best Local Clam Chowder Contest ($20/person) – Local Pismo Beach restaurants will compete for the title of Best Local Clam Chowder Winner – and you get to be the judge. Clam Chowder Cook-Off will be back on the Pismo Beach Pier this year.
- 10 am-5 pm Beer & Wine Garden
- 11 am-5 pm Live Music, Expanded Kid Zone, Food Trucks, Vendors & More
- 11pm-12:30pm About Time Duo
- 1pm – 2:20pm Damon Castillo Band
- 3pm-5pm Molly Ringwald Project
- 11am-4 pm Live Music, Expanded Kid Zone, Food Trucks, Vendors & More
- 11am-4 pm Beer & Wine Stage
- 11 am-Noon Clam Dig – This family-friendly and free event includes prizes for the kids
- Noon-1 pm Clam Bake (Ticketed Event $40) Enjoy a delicious Clam Bake that includes
Tiger Shrimp, Little Neck Clams and Andouille Sausage, Baby Red Potatoes, Corn on the Cob and Fresh Lemons served with Clam Fritters with a Rowdy Remoulade Sauce by Pismo Beach’s Famous Splash Café! Band Lineup:
- 11am-12:30pm: Stoneflys
- 1pm-4pm: Steppin Out
Come join us!